Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who let the dogs out ... and in?

Working from home seems to be a great idea. I would not want to do it all the time, but a couple of times each week would be cool ... it would seem.

I was working from home Thursday morning, not feeling well enough to go to the office but not sick enough to realize there weren't things I needed to get done. So Dawn drove to work and I did work from home. Of course, that meant I not only got to do work in shorts and a t-shirt but that I got to spend some quality time with my two favorite four-pawed princesses.

The canine crazies, excited to have someone home on a beautiful fall day, were more than happy to distract me from my work.

"We want to go outside. We want to come inside. Who is mowing grass? Why are those geese in the lake? Is that a squirrel running on the roof? I'm hungry! Daddy's HOME! My head itches. I think I need to poop. That sun looks warm. Alley stinks. We need water. Who thought Sarah Palin was qualified to be a vice presidential candidate?"

Those are just a few of the thoughts that I'm pretty sure went through Sassy and Alley's heads from about 10 am to noon on Thursday. All the while I was trying to make out a newsroom vacation schedule for the rest of the year. Dogs can be a tad distracting.

So while I was setting up a system for people to spend time with their loved ones over the next three months, two of my loved ones were trying to figure out ways to spend some unexpected time with me on a Thursday.

I guess I can't be too frustrated. They were also excited I was at home and they wanted all the attention on them.

No comments:

 
Site Meter