Monday, September 22, 2008

Puppies and relaxation

Tonight, after a typically crappy Monday, the wife and I arrived home with a brief agenda. She'd work out, I'd fish in the lake, we'd have a healthy dinner of turkey burgers, couscous, steamed vegetables and enjoy a nice bottle of wine.

Well, the wife worked out and I took the girls outside with me while I fished. The fishing, by the way, was as successful as ever, caught and released two fish. But doggies kept greeting me with barks from the deck, a good 40 feet away, as if to yell at me to let them back into the house. Sure, there was a lot going on in and across the lake. There were the muskrats swimming near the banks and causing the girls to bark at the fence. There was the dude across the lake with his dog, "Rusty (I only imagine that's his name), and then there were the various squirrels and such. Either way, the girls' senses were heightened and they chose to express that by barking at me every four minutes or so.
Now two hours later, of course, they're asleep in the living room. Should I yell at them as they try to relax? Should I poke them to wake them up? Should I let them sleep? They're sweet and, hey, they should have some fun. And, honestly, if they think it's fun to bark at me as I look confused at them I guess I'll let that go.

No comments:

 
Site Meter